Re: [OM] Plastic Lens question

Subject: Re: [OM] Plastic Lens question
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:04:10 -0700
Albert:

B&H sells the Olympus Stylus Epic with a 35 mm f/2.8 for $79.95 USD.  The
April 2003 issue of Popular Photography and Imaging declares it be "Best
Camera Buy Ever: A superb 35 mm for $79!"  They also commented that the
four-element lens had outstanding resolution (83 lines mm center, 60 lines
mm edge), very low flare, slight corner falloff, and nearly undetectable
pincushion distortion.  The article doesn't say, but I would assume that the
aspheric element (at least) is plastic.

Bill Stanke