Re: [OM] OM 35/70 vs 35 105

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 35/70 vs 35 105
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:12:31 -0700
The 35-70/3.6 weighs 400g
The 35-105/3.5-4.5 weighs 470g

It really depends upon what else you carry. If you like telephoto shots
you will probably be carrying a telephoto zoom such as the 65-200/4 or a
couple prime telephotos in which case the added reach of the 35-105 is
duplicated. I often carry overlapping zooms to minimize lens swapping
though.

If you aren't going to carry any longer lenses than the zoom, probably
the 35-105 with its 50% more reach would be useful.

-jeff
have a good holiday