Re: OT Re: [OM] Plastic Lens question

Subject: Re: OT Re: [OM] Plastic Lens question
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:53:23 -0400
My solution will be to get a 2SP when the time is right.  I plan to put a
home-brew illuminator on it and NEVER use the built-in
switch.  The port, as I learned here, is better positioned on the 2S for an
external light.  I think I can fashion a nice
microswitch in a right-side grip.  When ever you are holding the grip, the
switch falls readily under one finger or another.

Does the light switch on the 2SP actually turn the meter on or is it like the
PC- it's turned on by a half-hearted shuter release?

Moose- did you ever notice this on the PC: Set it on Auto.  Set the shutter on
"Bulb".  It does not give you a mechanical Bulb
setting!

It gives you an auto exposure, based on your selected aperture.  It makes sense
but that red "B" on the PC *ain't* the same as the
red "B" on the 4!

I'm glad to have an outlet for this arcane and useless fixation.

Lama

About the no-line progressives, I said

> the nose posture is just plain
unusable.  It made me think that maybe I didn't cotton to the OM-4 because I
was using the wrong eyeglasses when I got it!