Re: [OM] Cam Cane (was 50-250s)

Subject: Re: [OM] Cam Cane (was 50-250s)
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:27:59 +0200
Last year I bought a Leki Makalu(?) Photo hiking pole in the UK, where the
handgrip screwed off to reveal a 1/4" screw for a camera tripod bush (or
ballhead). The price was not outlandish (around 30GBP I believe).

Roger Key

Rich wrote:

Simpler/similar?  Look at the models down the page:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Search?stat=7889&storeId=8000&langId
=-1&cata
logId=40000008000&query=hiking+poles&x=19&y=13

I'm talking myself into one of these for hiking/travel.  The Bogen monopod
is perfect for flatland/city/event photography where I'm at one primary
location, but otherwise bulky & heavy for serious hiking or travel.

Billingham eh, Chris?  Here we go again.  It's not a slippery slope, it's a
cliff.

Rich (but first to Costco for potstickers - ever go to Costco just to eat
the samples?  Some do...)