Re: [OM] Anybody shoot at F22?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anybody shoot at F22?
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 11:42:18 -0400
Albert,
The sync speed comment came out of the blue! Generally speaking, I have the
impression that you like the OM system, but really don't want to embrace it
as your 'system' to use. That's fine. You are drawn to the MF rangefinder.
You also desire features that the OM system doesn't offer. I think that if
you poll the membership, you would find that nearly everyone has cameras
outside the OM system to handle various tasks, whether they be point and
shoot needs, digital or studio work. OM covers a wide breadth of
capabilities, but no system does it all. Choose the tools you need to handle
the tasks at hand. Results are what matters. Not the nameplate on the gear.
Get what you need.

If there is a way to achieve what you want with OM gear, you've found the
right place to ask. You may also find answers that lead you to other branded
gear.

You will not find a genuine OM system camera with normal flash sync over
1/60. The F280 with a 4T body will sync very high in super FP mode. This is
a special relationship between that flash and that body.  It may serve your
needs. If you need 1/250 sync with a normal flash unit, run down to the
camera store and they will have something to sell you new. You can also do
this with old MF equipment. Get a Mamiya C220. You get medium format AND
sync to the minimum shutter speed  for a song.

Hope you find what you need!
-Mickey