[OM] More E-1 info

Subject: [OM] More E-1 info
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 13:56:09 -0700
Hi Zuiks:

I sent an e-mail to Olympus asking about OM compatibility with the new E-1 system. Here is their response:

Hello Bill,

At the current time Olympus does not have any plans utilizing OM lenses on
the E-1. The Olympus E-1 system is designed digital from the ground up;
therefore lenses are also designed specifically for digital resolution. It
would not be in our best interest to use lenses that were designed for film
on our digital bodies. Another point I need to get across is the new Zuiko
Digital lenses can accept firmware upgrades, OM lenses cannot be upgraded.

Your concern will be well noted; I will make it a point to suggest the use
of OM lenses to our R&D department.

Regards,
E-1 Digital Technical Support
Olympus America Inc.

Bill Stanke

P.S. Dan, I am truly sorry if I offended you. I will reminisce with Jim off-line in the future. The Leica list got into a heavy OT discussion of single-malt Scotch and tilley hats, which was finally too much for even me.