Re: [OM] Repair recommendations - UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Repair recommendations - UK
From: Kennedy McEwen <rkm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 23:38:52 +0100
I have had couple of bad experiences with Colchester Camera Repair in the past. On one repair the camera was returned with the screen focus significantly out from the film focus - which meant that every carefully focussed picture was actually out of focus when the film came back! Naturally, it was worse in shots with low f/#'s, so there seemed to be some variability. If it hadn't been for the fact that my other camera was consistently perfect I would seriously have been questioning my own eyesight. Contrary to popular belief, in an SLR what you see is only what you get if the camera is properly adjusted.

Has anyone used Bromley Camera Repairs?  Views?

Many thanks to all the folks who are welcoming me to the list however, as some of the older list members might recall, I've been a list member for some time - since January 1998 actually - I just haven't actively participated for a couple of years, other than browsing and reading the occasional thread that interested me.

As for your brother Chris, I think you would know if I was related to him as well as I would. ;-)

In article , Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Hi Kennedy

Colchester Cameras has just sorted out my old OM4 for about =C2=A3125 =
(inc=20
VAT and discount for membership of the Olympus Camera Club).  Their=20
telephone number is 01206 690009, their address, 2 Barrack St,=20
Colchester, Essex CO1 2LJ.

Welcome to the List by the way.  You're not, by any chance, related to=20=

my brother Ewen McEwen are you?  You can see his work at=20
threeshoes.co.uk ........ ;-)

Chris