Re: [OM] And Another Thing

Subject: Re: [OM] And Another Thing
From: The Butler Family <butlerfamly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 13:53:40 -0700
Moose explained:

<The most technically sensible sensor is square. A square sensor uses <880f the image circle of the lens and...<snip>

As a mechanical engineer the physics of Silicon are way beyond me but...

Could you have hexagonal pixels? This would better approximate the image circle and allow for 1:1:1 RGB arrangement. The user could choose the format after the fact, although most users wouldn't want the choice. I'm sure smarter folks than I have the answer.

Along the same lines, why couldn't a brite camera designer build a telecentric (sp?) lens adapter into the digital body in order to convert 35mm lenses to the digital format? It would also serve to protect the sensor. Besides the fact that the same Camera designer would probably be fired for killing future lens sales, why not?

Mike Butler
Dublin, California