Re: [OM] How many shots do you take?

Subject: Re: [OM] How many shots do you take?
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:08:07 +0200
Dear C.H.,

I can't speak for Daniel, but I am lucky to have a job which allows for a kind
of sabatical leave with no pay. It is not entirely cost free, however. There
are fix costs back home, the wage in NZ was much lower than in Denmark, and I
miss a lot of teaching time because I only left for half a semester. The bonus
still outweighs these costs, because of the experiences gained and the things
we've seen. I reckon that you should do these things while being young. Once
you have a family and a career it is much more difficult. And mind you, of the
3 months in NZ I actually spent 9 weeks working rather hard (excepts in the
weekends).

I agree with you that on holiday there must be a good balance between spending
time taking pictures and actually relaxing and "seeing" things. I sometimes
feel that I have seen certain landscapes only through the viewfinder. Or,
opposite, have taken lots of mediocre pictures because I did not take the
photography too serious, e.g. being too lazy to wait for the perfect moment.
And I usually do a lot of hiking, bicycling and so on during my holidays, so
sometimes you just feel too tired to get the camera. So it's either or. Make
sure there is a good mix between serious photography and serious holidays.

Best regards,

Bernd