Re: [OM] How many shots do you take?

Subject: Re: [OM] How many shots do you take?
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:20:27 -0500
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:46:24 -0600, Daniel Mitchell wrote:

> I'm curious -- how many shots are the other people here taking, and of
>what?

I typically run through 2-5 rolls of film whenever I do a shoot, and tend to do
spend a couple of hours doing it. I do anywhere from several shoots a month to
one every few months depending on how busy I am and whether or not I'm shooting
sports.

> are people photographing stuff but not putting it on web sites,

That's me. Between business, politics, and a son going to college, my free time
is limited, and keeping my website (www.beancotton.com/gallery.html) up to
date has been a low priority.

> Maybe
>it's just familiarity with the surroundings

The most rewarding shooting I do is shooting things I see every day or things
that would otherwise be unremarkable. When I see a scenic vista, I'm more
interested in just enjoying the moment that capturing it on film, but taking my
camera out into a cotton field and trying to find a new way to shoot a view of
pinhead square is a real challenge.

BBB

--
Barry B. Bean