Re: [OM] Photoshop much better than iview, proof!

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop much better than iview, proof!
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:49:21 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 7:02 AM

> Well, how come you need to set 80 (%?) as compression ratio on the Iview
> vs. 60 on Photoshop? That may explain some problems there.

See my other response for way more detail on this. The short answer is that
there's more than one step in the jpeg compression and each step can take
different settings. Each program is free to use it's own settings for these
different steps. Usually, the end user doesn't have direct control over
those settings but just adjusts a "quality" setting. There's no direct
corelation between the quality settings in one program and another.

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/