Re: [OM] Photoshop much better than iview, proof!

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop much better than iview, proof!
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:02:25 +0100
I think the thing to remember here is that Irfan view is free, Photoshop is not. This probably leads to the difference! Regardless, Irfan view is a fantastic program. I think if you contact the author about the difference in quality and suggest it as an improvement in a future version I dare say he will oblige. I e-mailed him about FITS and Sprite format support for Irfan view and he was really helpful and friendly. The more suggestions for improvements he gets, the better Irfan view becomes for us all.

All the best,
Gareth.

Albert wrote:

http://albert.achtung.com/irfanview/

Just to PROVE what a nerd I am.. I just put up a page comparing the images compressed from both..

A picture is worth a thousand words..

Albert

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."

Arthur C. Clarke's Second Law.

"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum."

Arthur C. Clarke