RE: [OM] Oly E-1

Subject: RE: [OM] Oly E-1
From: "C.H.Ling-Accura" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:50:36 +0800

Slide doesn't make any different with print as long as the print is not
smaller than 8x10. The viewing distance makes the different, I think it has
been repeated many times here and everywhere, you will not veiw a 16x12
meter projection at 5 feet right? Actually I found the print (not inkjet!!!)
sees the resolution more critical than slide projection. I do slide
projection with my Leica colorplan occasionally on 60x60" screen viewing at
6-8 feet away and also do a lots of 10x lupe on 4x6 prints, ok also 4000dpi
scan and microscope them, I know it very well.

I'm going to prepare some slides with my 10D, will let everyone know when
ready, just lacking some good shots to go. It will be free to the list
member, stay tuned (acutally I have some first samples came out but they
need some level adjustment).

> Why do you think there are things like the digital backs made by sinar
> that produce in Excess of 20 MPixel for a single image (raw data per
> frame is up to half a GIGAbyte !!!) - Pros don't buy that stuff just for
> fun.

It is just old stuffs, I know a pro here using a 11MP CCD (a 16MP square
cropped) on 35mm system and zuiko 24 shift to make professional estate
promotion shoots. If you have never seen the stuffs you will never know. I
have confidence that my 10D can make 100 inch print and better than medium
format, not at resolution but the grain is much less and sharpness is a
critical perception for a picture, it can be digitally enhanced.

C.H.Ling