Re: [OM] Resolution Suprises!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Resolution Suprises!!
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:34:17 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: "Albert" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, 22 June, 2003 12:45 PM
Subject: [OM] Resolution Suprises!!

> So I got my pictures back..  (Will try to post them this week, after
> some cleanup, but the scans suck...  Oh well, that's life)
>
> The 3 cameras:
> OM1n (Zuiko 28mmf2.8, Zuiko 50mm f1.8, Tokina 90mm f2.5)
> Konica P&S
> Olympus Stylus Epic (mju II)
>
>  From the pictures; I can visually identify:
> Which film was used (Reala or Fuji Superia 400, due to grain and
> sharpness and color)
> Which camera took the picture
> And on my OM, which lens took the picture.
>
> My OM lenses are INCREDIBLY sharp.  A lot sharper than the P&S's.  All
> the lenses.  The 90mm is a step above the 50mm and the 28mm.

I am assuming that your enlargements were 11" x 14" or larger. Below that
size, I doubt there is any great difference in image quality. Using
transparancies and a high quality projector, a Leitz for example, would be a
better test.

With 4" x 6" or even 8" x 10" prints I have difficulty distingushing between
lenses used.

jh