[OM] Resolution Suprises!!

Subject: [OM] Resolution Suprises!!
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 23:45:07 +0800
So I got my pictures back.. (Will try to post them this week, after some cleanup, but the scans suck... Oh well, that's life)

The 3 cameras:
OM1n (Zuiko 28mmf2.8, Zuiko 50mm f1.8, Tokina 90mm f2.5)
Konica P&S
Olympus Stylus Epic (mju II)

From the pictures; I can visually identify:
Which film was used (Reala or Fuji Superia 400, due to grain and sharpness and color)
Which camera took the picture
And on my OM, which lens took the picture.

My OM lenses are INCREDIBLY sharp. A lot sharper than the P&S's. All the lenses. The 90mm is a step above the 50mm and the 28mm.

The Konica, even though it has a zoom lens, was a lot sharper than the Stylus. I was surprised, as the stylus is a fixed focal length, and has aspherical elements to boot..

I shot a roll of slide film on the Stylus, and from what I can see, the resolution was not up to par compared to my OM lenses. It was an eye opener when I viewed it under a 12x loupe.

The results weren't bad, but the results from my OM were MUCH better. People who saw pics from my OM just dropped their jaws. I love my OM!!!

Albert