Re: [OM] Fireworks

Subject: Re: [OM] Fireworks
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:36:01 -0600
John A. Lind wrote:
> I'm wondering if that's flare or possibly light-piping along the
> emulsion.  Some Fuji chrome films will halo bright light sources and
> the best I could come up with was light piping through one or more of
> the emulsion layers; there could be a different and better
> explanation).

 Maybe -- it's always a red flare, every time I've taken shots (regardless
of what the colour of the fireworks was), so this might explain why it's the
same colour if one of the layers doesn't like it.

> I recommend ISO 100 as it allows not only a reasonable aperture, it
> also keeps the sky from becoming too gray (too long an exposure can
> also do this).

 Good point! I never think of this sort of thing at the time, but that makes
a lot of sense.

 thanks!

 -- dan