[OM] someone very stupid broke the clamp of my Slik u212

Subject: [OM] someone very stupid broke the clamp of my Slik u212
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 00:55:16 -0300
He was complaining he ought to pay $50 or $70 for some good chinese tripod.
I showed my U212 for him to compare.
He immediately, without asking, tried to open one of the legs clamp.
The molded plastic broke along the metal axis of the clamp.
I'm almost sueing him. Really. He IS a nasty person. He always was a nasty
person, ever since I knew him.
Back to the tripod, would epoxy fix it securely enough for some 10 years
more. The clamp exerts quite a bit of pressure when opening/closing :-((
Help.

Fernando