Re: [OM] Two Truths and a Lie

Subject: Re: [OM] Two Truths and a Lie
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:13:18 +0100
Very good John ;-)

I presume No 2 is  a lie...

Chris

On Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003, at 04:02 Europe/London, John A. Lind wrote:

Was at an "off-site" meeting today . . . actually more like a class . . . and will be in this thing all week. As an "ice-breaker" and to keep people awake during the dry spots (some of it is so esoteric, even the paper fleas in the handouts were wearing canteens) he asked that everyone write up "two truths and a lie" about themselves. They would be read periodically and the assembled gathering would have to guess not only who wrote them, but which one was the lie.

I provided the following which **really** raised the guy's eyebrows (for Tom's benefit, there are **three** here):

1. About a year ago I deliberately shot a 2-year old boy at the request of his parents. His parents were elated when presented with proof of the shooting that they paid me a handsome sum for doing it.

2. I was arrested and tried for the shooting. Waived my right to trial by jury and requested trial by judge.

3. After thoroughly reviewing all the facts and the proof of the shooting I had provided the parents, the judge praised my handiwork stating it was quite professionally executed, I should keep up the superb work and added that I deserved an award for what I had done.

Thought you all would enjoy this.

Don't believe me?  Here's the proof I provided to the boy's parents:
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/oly/gallery/om151.html
And that's . . . the rest of the story.

-- John
<|_:-)_|>