Re: [OM] 16/S16

Subject: Re: [OM] 16/S16
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:03:06 -0400
This just got me to remembering and thinking 'bout stuff.  I never
even had a lens hood, so, obviously, I never used one.  The lenses
on the turret were cheek-to-jowl, so there just wasn't room for
extraneous attachments.  But it really didn't seem to matter all
that much.  I can't recall any great problem with flare, no matter
what the lighting conditions.

Even today, I often don't bother with using a lens hood unless
there's one built into the lens.  I think, as often as not, they
may be kind of like what a GM engineer years ago said to me about
using STP Oil Treatment:  Well, it won't hurt nothin'.

Your experience may be different.

Walt