Re: [OM] Goodbye for now !

Subject: Re: [OM] Goodbye for now !
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:53:45 +0100
petertje@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> So, I'll be taking trains from Belgium all the way to Japan
> (admittedly, last leg is a ferry), spending a month underway, and a
> month in the land of the rising sun.

That will be a fabulous trip!  I did a similar journey the other way,
from Beijing to London, in August of last year.  Photos from it can be
seen at

http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/travel/beijing-london

I used Sensia 100 - it's my favourite film and I found it gave me the
results I wanted, so I definitely recommend using it.  From a
fast-moving train I was pleased with how the foregrounds often came out
pleasingly blurred.

>  Let's just hope it doesn't get 50 degrees (Celsius) in the train for a week,
> or it'll all be baked.

So you're travelling from Moscow to Vladivostok?  If the trains are
similar to the ones that travel between Beijing & Moscow, then the air
conditioning is good and the train is not too hot.  Much hotter outside
than inside.

Hope you'll post the photos when you return.  All the best!

Roger