Re: [OM] Ap prefire question

Subject: Re: [OM] Ap prefire question
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 21:53:16 EDT
In a message dated 6/11/2003 6:09:54 PM Central Standard Time,
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> But what if my goal is to conquer the world, with just a single 50mm
> lens?  ;-)

I've thought about using a 50mm "normal" lens to do a series of macro images
to illustrate one doesn't have to do as some of us have (yes, you know I'm
included in the group) done and get every piece of macro gear available and
then
some.  You could just focus as close as the 50mm will go, you could use 1 or
more close up lenses, you could us a reversing ring, you could use one or more
extension rings, you could use a bellows, you could use the auto telescoping
extension tube and you could use various combinations of the above and more . .
it would be an interesting project.  It might be an interesting project to
present to a group of photographers and ask them to guess which lens you used
for each photograph.  The point being to illustrate the versatility of a lens
everyone has.  Maybe that would be a good TOPE, only 50mm non-macro, macros.
Bill Barber