Re: [OM] 4/3rds, 16Megapixels?

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3rds, 16Megapixels?
From: "k.matsumoto" <matsumoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:13:46 +0900
> Andrew and Tom have apparenently misintepreted the 4/3 in the Olydak
> "4/3 system" as 4/3" (inch) and as meaning the size of the diagonal
> of the sensor.

I hear that the size of the sensor is given in the traditional system
used for vacuum tube type image sensors. The diagonal of the actual,
effective image capturing area is usually smaller than the nominal
size description. I cannot explain about the details here, but I think
I now understand why the screen diagonal of a 18-inch TV is much
smaller than 18 inches...

kazuya matsumoto