RE: [OM] Ranking of alcohols by aggressiveness

Subject: RE: [OM] Ranking of alcohols by aggressiveness
From: "Maarten Schulte" <maarten.schulte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:45:10 +0200
Depends on how you define aggressive.
In general you could say that the more polar the molecule the more
aggressive to human skins it is.
Iso-propyl in that respect is used in many lotions etc.

However Iso-propyl, is one of the more common solvents in the chemical
industry, and might dissolve the softeners in the foam and rubber like
parts of the camera. (I had to fight this once when I was still into
chemistry).  It would not be my choice for cleaning my camera.

Reg.

Maarten