[OM] Household cleaner, was Ranking of alcohols by aggressiveness

Subject: [OM] Household cleaner, was Ranking of alcohols by aggressiveness
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:38:48 +0100
I wonder what a silicone-based cleaner/polish can be used for. I mean stuff called Mr Sheen which is a household cleaner. I use it for tarting up lenses prior to sending them to the lucky recipient. It provides a nice black finish. But would it hurt a coated glass surface or produce unwelcome reflections or refractions?

Armorall (sic) is also pretty good for plastics. It will even tend to blend out chips or scratches in Samsonite luggage!

Chris