Re: [OM] 24mm or 28mm do you use more for travelling?

Subject: Re: [OM] 24mm or 28mm do you use more for travelling?
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 10:51:24 +0800
Tris Schuler wrote:

I use the 24/2.8 as well. On balance a nice little lens. The 28/2, however, is sharper, more contrast, which may or may not be what you're after for any given shoot. Nothing intrinsically wrong with its performance, that's for sure.

To me, the 28mm more or less the beginning of wide angles, per se. A 35mm resides almost at the low end of the "normal" focal-length range (say, 35mm through 55-60mm).

Tris

?? Really? I compare my 28mm with my friend's 24mm and when cropped so his 24mm shot is the same as my 28mm shot, it's still sharper..

That's my personal experience...

Albert