Re: [OM] Second Impressions: Tamron 35-105/2.8 SP

Subject: Re: [OM] Second Impressions: Tamron 35-105/2.8 SP
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 06:04:00 -0400
At 01:18 5/18/03, Titoy wrote:
John,

I have had the same experiences as you do with the zuiko 35 - 105, I just
bought and am now awaiting arrival of a vivitar series one 28 - 90 F2.8 -
3.x hoping to enjoy the same benefits as you have with the tamron. My main
attraction to the vivitar is the 28 mm wide end, and as I think the 90 mm
long is good enough.

Anyone have any comments on this vivitar? If this vivitar works, I may get
rid of my 35 - 105

I'm not about to sell my Zuiko 35-105 . . .   ;-)
It's simply too handy in higher lighting levels, plus it has the close focus feature that I've employed too much for personal quasi-macro's. A terrific daytime walk-around lens.

I've found myself beginning to partition some bodies/lenses to use it purely for wedding work. Earlier this week I still had a half-shot roll of 220 Provia 100F in the M645 and had to finish it off before this afternoon to clear out the M645 for a roll of Portra 160 (the older Mamiya's have inserts, but not removeable backs. Tonight I'm ordering another M645-1000S body and 220 insert so that doesn't happen again. A downside of the M645 system is the lack of film backs. The upside is the entire body is not all that expensive.

IIRC, the Vivitar you mention is a "cult classic" early Series I:
  http://medfmt.8k.com/third/cult.html#vivitar

-- John