Re: [OM] Warning: flying into (and out of) the UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Warning: flying into (and out of) the UK
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:19:53 -0600
All of this hoo-hah about airport security and what their scanners do to film has made me seriously consider going "all-digital" on my next trip to Europe -- take a digi with a 3 GByte CF card (they should be available by the time I get to go to Europe again), and burn to CD occasionally (if prolific with pics) at a local service bureau (fortunately, one of my cousins in Alençon [Normandy, France] has his own graphics business, and I'm sure he'd let me mooch some time on one of his burners every so often).

Better yet, if I could find a fast connection over there at an Internet café, just ftp the whole lot back to a server in Canada, and they'd be waiting for me on my return...

Garth