RE: [OM] Annular eclipse

Subject: RE: [OM] Annular eclipse
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 08:24:08 -0700
Gary said:

>......We definitely shot the same event:
>http://www.peopleplacesflight.com/eclipse.htm  Note the double orange spots
>at 12:00-1:00 and the single at 3:30.  There is a name for those spots - the
>astronomers on the list will surely tell us what it is......

Yep, the same eclipse. I noted that you were down near Mt St. Helens so
may have flown right over me! I was north of Goldendale up the highway
toward the pass.  To far up the highway for my taste as i would have
preferred staying closer to the river where the weather was more
promising  but I was out voted and we watched the event from a friends
house. ...clouds and all. This place was up high with a broad view
across the Columbia River canyon to eastern Oregon and what most
impressed me was the fact that we could see the shadow of the moon as it
approached  and then again as it receded. Amazing.

Mike