RE: [OM] Annular eclipse

Subject: RE: [OM] Annular eclipse
From: "Gary L. Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 20:57:55 -0500
Well done, Mike.  We definitely shot the same event:
http://www.peopleplacesflight.com/eclipse.htm  Note the double orange spots
at 12:00-1:00 and the single at 3:30.  There is a name for those spots - the
astronomers on the list will surely tell us what it is.

I think the thin clouds really add to your shot. Moody, ominous. . .  I
don't remember any holes in the cloud deck, but I wasn't looking down much.

I dug out my negative files and checked the date - late February, 1979 (I
shot some b&w after totality).  Many happy events in my history can be
fairly accurately dated by either my black and white negative files, which I
dated, or the Kodachromes, upon which Kodak imprinted with the date.  Sadly,
my lack of black and white shooting and the E-6 processors' failure to
imprint dates make that impossible for the last twelve years or so. Just as
my memory is getting worse. . .

Regards,
Gary

Gary Edwards