[OM] OM-4 wish list

Subject: [OM] OM-4 wish list
From: Matt BenDaniel <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 15:20:04 -0400
I like the OM-4 overall but...

1. I like the aperture pre-fire and mirror lockup you get with the self-timer.
However, I wish there was a way I could get it with only a 2-second delay
instead of a 12-second delay.

2. The under/overexposure flash indicators are hard to see in low light. I've
tried to turn on the display light, but when the shutter is fired, it always
turns off that light. The under/overexposure indicators don't blink for very
long, so you have to quickly fumble to hit the display light immediately after
the exposure.

3. Even if you set the shutter dial to 'B', if the battery test mode is
actuated (e.g. accidentally in the camera bag), it can potentially drain the
batteries.

4. I can move the exposure compensation dial without moving the ISO setting,
but not vice versa. I have to reset the exposure compensation after changing
the ISO.

5. If a flash is attached and turned on, I cannot tell the camera not to use
flash (except sometimes by opening the aperture a lot, which is often
undesirable). I have to unplug the TTL cord or turn off the flash(es).

6. An aluminum part in the shutter dial wore out from use and jammed. I got an
overhaul from John.

7. There is no tiny window in the camera back to see the film type/ISO on the
cartridge. In fact, it's hard to be sure if there is film in the camera unless
you advance one frame.

8. The camera makes distressing noises when I install new batteries until I get
the cover screwed on.

Are any of  these limitations particular to my camera?
Any workarounds I don't know?
Does the OM-3 have the same limitations?

Matt

--
Matt BenDaniel
matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx