Re: [OM] OM-3 versus OM-1, results of the Belgian jury.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-3 versus OM-1, results of the Belgian jury.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 16:38:03 -0700
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I put my OM-4(T(i)) bodies on Auto and shoot aperture priority most of the time. For me, that makes it easier to think about light and composition and DOF, as there is less to fuss with on the camera. I can see what it is going to do with the shutter speed and change it the few times I need to. I can change aperture for DOF reasons with one adjustment, rather than two, for example. I'm quite happy using the spot meter and/or exposure adjustment dial on those occasions when they are needed to get the light right. And I can switch it into Manual Mode when I want to suffer ;-) .

I'm sure glad you like your new camera baby. Now you have triplets, but you don't have to burp one of them and it can take pics of the other two. :-)
The finish on the 3Ti is really handsome.

Moose

iwert wrote:

I have been using my newly acquired OM-3 for about two weeks now <snip> This
camera makes me think
about pictures and light and composition and DOF. With the OM-4 I am too
much tempted to put it on auto and shoot aperture priority.