Re: [OM] Fast Bright Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast Bright Flash
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:39:32 -0700
You're welcome to it Wayne!

Lama, I'm not supporting the position/question originally raised, only restating it for clarity, as you did not directly address it in your original reply. Now you have done so.

I don't know enough about the electronics to say whether I would agree or not. I do recall a thread where the question of the threshold light impulse required to trigger a slave was at issue, but don't remember if duration or only intensity was involved. So I'm not much help except as a pedant pointing out when the answer, elegant though it may be, doesn't addres the question ;-) .

Moose

Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

No fair ganging up!  Like I said, I'm guessing that if a photocell-circuit can
STOP a dump in 1/40,000, I'll bet it can START a dump
in 1/40,000th.<snip>

Moose said,> > Much fun. But I think one concern isn't about losing sync due to the
speed of light over a couple of feet. The concern is <snip>
From: "Wayne Harridge"
Hey, that's what I was going to say !