[OM] Cleaning film speed dial?

Subject: [OM] Cleaning film speed dial?
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:41:14 -0600
 My OM2S has a weird tendency to _sometimes_ over-read a lot; I'll point out
the window with the film speed set to 100 on auto on a sunny day at f16, and
it'll say '1000' and blink the little 'over' warning at me.

 The fix is to wind the film speed dial back and forth a few times and reset
it to 0 adjustment -- this works fine when I notice that the speed's off,
but sometimes I don't and I don't want to wind up with shots that are very
underexposed. (I think. I'm not 100ure this actually affects when I'm
shooting, because I'd have expected to see more over-dark prints by now and
I haven't, but I can't see how it could affect the metering before shooting
but not while it's actually exposing).

 Is there a good fix for this? In the shop when I showed this to people and
asked for suggestions, they just squirted a drop of lighter fluid under the
ring which seemed to help for a little while (which would probably explain
why it didn't get fixed by the CLA), but is there a more permanent solution?
Should I just get into the habit of turning it back and forth every time?

 (presumably I'd start by taking the film speed dial off and poking around
under there, but I'm wary of winding up putting it back together with some
sort of offset in there and never knowing where I really am thereafter..)

 thanks,

 -- dan