Re: [OM] Shutter speed ring is "tight"

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter speed ring is "tight"
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:31:03 -0600
> The shutter speed ring on my OM-2S is "tight", almost refusing to
> budge at times.  Yeah, I know it's probably CLA time, but is there
> anything I can do to free it up some for awhile longer?  Short of
> squirting WD-40 or transmission oil all over it? (kidding, KIDDING!)

 I had exactly the same problem with mine recently, though I think it was
impact damage; it was always a bit stiff, but then I accidentally banged the
front of the lens into something, and after that the shutter ring barely
turned at all. It'd move, but only with scary amounts of effort, and I had
visions of making whatever it was a lot worse..

 CLA solved it very nicely, now it's lovely and smooth. (and boy, it's so
nice seeing the camera all shiny and new. Sure, it's brassed to heck, but
it's _shiny_ brass now..)

 -- dan