[OM] Re: Aaaargh - I did it...

Subject: [OM] Re: Aaaargh - I did it...
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:22:29 -0700
>From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Basic rules of film loading for an OM body:

>Wind and fire the camera with the back open until you have film wrapped
>completely around the take-up spool...

I have had 100uccess by simply making sure both sprockets were engaged.

The only time I've had the "aaargh" experience has been when I was being
stingy, trying to get that extra frame or two, and only engaged the bottom
sprocket.

>After closing the back, gently turn the rewind knob a few turns
>counterclockwise, like you would to rewind the film, to take up slack in the
>cassette.  Then watch it as you wind the camera to "1" on the counter -- it
>should begin turning as you wind.

No matter what technique you use to load, THIS STEP IS ESSENTIAL!

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>