Re: [OM] Off to join the circus. Not really it is just a wedding.

Subject: Re: [OM] Off to join the circus. Not really it is just a wedding.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 16:27:12 -0700

On Sunday, April 13, 2003, at 04:15 PM, Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

Has it suddenly become cheaper to do gold-plating? If ever there was an application crying out for gold plated contacts, it's those T series contacts, in my opinion. (I recall reading here a few weeks ago that the T series signalling is dependant upon reading not *voltages but the amount of *current at very small voltages. If I remember my dc circuits class, dirt, smudges, etc will mess with
that kind of situation easily.  And they do.)

It seemed like just as the OM series went into decline, gold plated contacts popped all over on stuff like modular phone jacks and cables, DX contacts (even on plastic APS cameras), RCA jacks (for the phono section on my affordable NAD integrated amp), and even
speaker wire terminals.

Lama

Just an idea whose time had come.

Winsor Crosby