Re: [OM] Re: ( OM) OT fonts in e-mail - digest test

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ( OM) OT fonts in e-mail - digest test
From: "Donald MacDonald" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:08:29 +0100
I moved to individual mails from Digest mode when I got my broadband,
always-on connection. Digest was more convenient when I used dial-up.

The good thing about the individual mails is I can now operate efficient
kill files for the serial quoters and HTML fans. If I was still on dial-up I
would still be on Digest, though.

We offer a digest mode. It seems to me to be a courtesy to post in Plain
Text and to quote only relevant parts of the mail we are replying to. IMHO.
None of this is very hard.

I agree with Tom that between consenting partners you should be able to use
what you like, but this is a forum with a wide variety of kit and software,
and with a Digest that gets clogged with HTML and quotes, we should stick to
Plain Text and judicious quoting.

Donald.

-
Donald Neil MacDonald, BA DipLIS