Re: [OM] OT Composing Tables

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Composing Tables
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 13:45:29 -0700
This works if the person who set up the table used a mono-spaced font. If they used a variable-spaced font to compose the table, they will have put different numbers of spaces in the same part of different lines to make the columns line up on their screen. The result in plain text will not be aligned. I learned this the hard way when I first joined the list. I posted a couple of tables I had composed and was distressed to see how bad, virtually unreadable, they looked on the list. Now I compose tables in fixed width.

Moose

Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

My last word on Outlook Express:

To read lens test results easily, I
suggest these 2 settings:
Tools>Options>Read>Fonts>
Fixed-width font: Courier New

This should force even posts sent in a proportional font into being displayed in the
fixed-width "Courrier New" font.  This means
that tables line up correctly.