Re: [OM] OT Composing Tables

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Composing Tables
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:50:24 -0700
I believe the 2 may be mutually exclusive, depending on the software. The only way an e-mail message can convey the detail of font choices to the recipient is with HTML, so OE may recognize that and show what you are composing as it will be seen by the recipient. Netscape Mail happens to allow one to compose in any font and then send plain text. All the formatting, font details, etc. are then stripped out so there is no HTML in the message and only plain text on the other end. Netscape's setup is very good for those on lists like this. I can specify mail formats for different specific recipients and don't have to remember to turn anything on or off. Thus, I compose in Times (except when making tables), but anything going to the list is automatically sent in Plain text only.

Moose

Julian Davies wrote:

When you set OE to plain text, font choices disappear. If anyone knows how
to get them back without filling the list with poor quality HTML, please let
me know!