Re: [OM] USPS treachery

Subject: Re: [OM] USPS treachery
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 23:39:54 -0600
At 11:47 PM 4/2/2003 -0500, Lama you wrote:
Walt,
Yer swimming upstream, here, bud.

Why would you invent your own convention for labeling a package for delivery? The convention is that you put both the return address and the destination on the same face of the package. If it were a clockface, the postage goes in the "1 o'clock" corner, the destination goes "at 6 o'clock" and the return address goes in the upper-left, at 11 o'clock. It has never failed me.

You don't make up your own free-form tax return. Some things in life you do "by the numbers", as Captain Furrillo used to say.

Lama

PS, Be happy.

Jim,
You misunderstand. Doing it by the numbers is what got Walt in trouble.

The A&I mailers are lame IMO. The logistics are exactly the same as a Kodak mailer. It's just that the mailing address side doesn't really look very much like a mailing address. Not very business-like. When I first saw one I thought, "That looks kind of cool, but will the PO know what to do with it?" Now I know.

I am going to benefit from Walt's experience and create proper address labels to paste on the "To:" side of my remaining A&I mailers.

Joel W.