Re: [OM] Photo Printer

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Printer
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 23:29:10 -0600
At 11:38 PM 4/2/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Tris,
The way I'm reading this, you already have Photoshop. Until you get a spyder, you might as well calibrate your monitor using "Adobe
Gamma".

I don't know which version of PS include "Adobe Gamma" and which don't but it came with Photoshop Elements v1.

Adobe Gamma came along with version 5.0 of PS as part of their incorporation of color management capabilities with that version. Select "Help" from the main menu and then "Color Management" and away you go.

Monitor calibration with the Colorvision spyder has been far superior to Adobe Gamma for me. It probably depends upon your monitor. But I think it's good advice to give it a go for starters.

Joel W.