Re: [OM] ( OM ) Summer / Winter exchange & etc

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Summer / Winter exchange & etc
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 23:54:06 -0800
Hi friendly Harry,

Maybe 'touchy' is more like the word you are looking for :-)

From onelook.com, I get: Quick definitions (prissy)
# adjective:   exaggeratedly proper
# adjective:   excessively fastidious and easily disgusted

Words similar to prissy: dainty <http://www.onelook.com/?w=dainty&loc=syn>, nice <http://www.onelook.com/?w=nice&loc=syn>, overnice <http://www.onelook.com/?w=overnice&loc=syn>, priggish <http://www.onelook.com/?w=priggish&loc=syn>, prim <http://www.onelook.com/?w=prim&loc=syn>, prudish <http://www.onelook.com/?w=prudish&loc=syn>, puritanical <http://www.onelook.com/?w=puritanical&loc=syn>, square-toed <http://www.onelook.com/?w=square-toed&loc=syn>, squeamish <http://www.onelook.com/?w=squeamish&loc=syn>, straightlaced <http://www.onelook.com/?w=straightlaced&loc=syn>, straitlaced <http://www.onelook.com/?w=straitlaced&loc=syn>, tight-laced <http://www.onelook.com/?w=tight-laced&loc=syn>, victorian <http://www.onelook.com/?w=victorian&loc=syn>,

Or perhaps you do think I am being exaggeratedly proper. I see/feel a substantive difference between Brian's cheerful encouragement for all to provide images to the dite and what I read as you r castigation of those who haven't done so for not having lived up to a commitment. Again, a crucial part of my reaction was based on my understanding of the rules of the exchanges, that they do not include any commitment to provide a digital image for the site. If, as it appears, I misread your intent, I freely apologize.

Hoping to remain your friend,
   Moose

Harry Wiechel wrote:

Sorry Moose, didnt realize you are a bit *prissy*, is that the right word? ....not certain.....hm maybe better *literally sensative*, oh what the hell, I just tried to get the message over and reiterate the point Brian was making couple o days ago. If my wording was a bit stiff, ... please bear with me, will try to do better next time (ought to take some english lesson).

cordial greetings
from friendly Harry :-)

Moose wrote:

Harry's 'stick' is the kind of thing that just
makes me want to not do whatever is being pushed. "people sign up but
fail to deliver their contribution" just turns me off even if it is
technically correct, and especially when it is technically wrong.