Re: [OM] A little on-topic spam :) going very OT

Subject: Re: [OM] A little on-topic spam :) going very OT
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:59:57 +0200
On Monday 31 March 2003 21:51, you wrote:
> Lars,
> Surstromming is delicious! Don't you try to encourage common prejudice. I
> definitely object to the description "stinks". It certainly has an original
> aroma, but "stinks" can convey such strong feelings. Just put a clothe's
> pin in your nose and enjoy the delicious taste. :o)
> By the way, I didn't know you had surstromming in Denmark.
> And (now for the OM content) if a small bomb (sorry, can, I mean) of
> well-fermented surströmming can lead to a better deal on OM equipment, who
> are you to object? ;o)
> -poo

Hej Per,

I just advised caution. Like handling a handgrenade when the pin
has been pulled :-)

Surstromming is not common in Denmark. Occationally someone smuggles
a can across the border, but it is not a local favourite. But I have tasted it
a few years ago when visiting relatives in Stockholm. My culinary jury is
still trying to decide what to think. I definitely prefer the crayfish. The
snaps is good in any case.

An this is the end of the fermented fish thread, as far as I am concerned.

Bon appetit,
Lars