Re: [OM] .......Tamron + SARS ........

Subject: Re: [OM] .......Tamron + SARS ........
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:09:47 +0800

> TMLee wrote:
>
> On a more serious note, the SARS outbreak here is pretty serious.
> The Ministry of Education has just announced last nite, that ALL
> schools (except tertiary institutions) will be closed till 6th Apr
> 2003 to curb the spread of the epidemic.....
>
> 2 fatalities from this ailment, one a 39 yr old pastor who visited
> one of the victims..... died last nite.... its scary..... all masks
> sold out....
>
> so far , up to 74 pple here in S'pore have been infected with this
> virus....
>
> Hong Kong is equally bad if not worse.... CH Ling shld be able to
> tell more...

Yes, here we have over 316 people inflected, 16 recovered and eight
died. The inflected people increased at a rate of around 20 a day,
not increase exponentially. The central library was closed for two
days yesterday for cleaning due to one staff was inflected. The
government not agree to close all schools they said it won't help
since there was no case of inflection between student but there are
over 100 schools closed themselves due to the request of the
parents.

Similar case for the mask here, the government has ordered two
million masks ready for the schools.

I also hope the problem can be solved in a short time as it is
affecting the already very weak economic here.

C.H.Ling