Re: [OM] identifying your camera

Subject: Re: [OM] identifying your camera
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 03:05:28 -0500
On Wednesday, March 26, 2003 at 6:21
Chris Barker <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use this, John, and have done every since Photo Technique included a
> free "UV Pen" some years ago.  But you can probably do the same with a
> standard permanent felt-tip pen.  The resulting writing shows slightly
> in normal light anyway so you have to hide it as you suggest.
>
> Chris
> On Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003, at 20:47 Europe/London, John Hudson wrote:
>
> > I found this tip for protecting one's camera and am wondering if
> > anyone can comment on their experience.
> >

> > "UV Pens will invisibly write your SS# or Driver's License number
> > inside the baseplate and backdoor. Good for ID at Police Departments."
> >
> > The source is to be found at the bottom of this page:
> >

> > http://cameraquest.com/mguide.htm#M7 ;

Wouldn't a list of the serial numbers be enough ID? With a copy in your
safe-deposit box.       ... time for an inventory.

tOM

---------
http://www.CanadianCameraConference.ca  2003 Jun 28-30
tOM Trottier,   ICQ:57647974    http://abacurial.com
        758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115 N45.412 W75.714
"The moment one gives close attention to anything,
even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious,
awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself --
Henry Miller, 1891-1980