Re: [OM] Framing and matting supplies

Subject: Re: [OM] Framing and matting supplies
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 08:31:09 -0800
>  I want to experiment with cutting my own matte, etc.

Most frame shops here use Fletcher tools. I can vouche for their quality
though the ones i have are for cutting glass. They are available from
the woodworking catalogues I get. A good one is Woodworker's Supply 1
800 645 9292, woodworker.com They sell a basic line of do-it-yourself
supplies and tools for picture framing. I have no idea how the prices
compare with the art suppliers. For the professional size Fletcher tools
you'll have to go somewhere else. But on a teacher's salary....
Unless of course you might be thinking to augment that salary :>)

mike