Re: [OM] [OT] No more car abuse

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] No more car abuse
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 17:24:13 -0500
But I don't teach Art History wherever your friend does.  I teach in the
Florida school system.

Starting salary is $28,000, which I believe we could all agree is low for
our cost of living.

After 34 YEARS on the job, yes years, my pay scale will peak at $49,917.

Even in New York City, the starting salary is $39,000 and peaks at $51,000.
Not exactly Park Avenue salaries.

As a comparison, I could be a manager at a Wendy's for $26,000.

I suspect the career path at Wendy's is better too.

A teacher that makes $79K is VERY, VERY rare and is only in limited areas in
the Northeast.  In the rest of the country, my salary is startlingly
typical.

We entrust the future of our children to people stupid enough to take these
jobs.

And don't give me the summers off crap.  I'll spend my entire summer
building my lesson plan for fall -- all at no pay.

Tom

> You want political? Straight & simple. Bush is fundamentally a moron who
used his
> influence to divert attention from faulty machinery, causing incorrectly
placed
> Pat Buchannan, etc. votes. - and screw the country over because of his
stupid
> ambitions.
>
> Now we pay for it, ...as he sits there with his Dave Thomas in the
McKenzie