Re: [OM] Lond Meet

Subject: Re: [OM] Lond Meet
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 11:54:55 -0800

In <5.1.0.14.0.20030314101822.01870f18@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 03/14/03
   at 10:19 AM, Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>http://home.mindspring.com/~tristanjohn/_wsn/page4.html

Mark looks like a fascinating character, full of lore [true and false].
But that was a pricey afternoon ride!

Well, let's see. I spent worthwhile time with a new friend, saw various sights in London I would have otherwise missed, and came back all the richer in terms of my photography. To my way of thinking it was cheap at twice the price.

I've visited London a number of times over the years; I have yet to encounter a London taxi driver who was not well-groomed, knowledgeable and articulate. On my way out of town (the following morning) I rode with a cabby I'd met my first day in town. My flight was out of Gatwick, south of London, some considerable distance. This man, too, chose to give me a break on the fare, and, knowing I was a taxi driver from America, considerately pulled over just outside the airport and let me drive his London Cab into the terminal!

Say what you will of the English, they are educated and have style.

Tris