Re: [OM] Filters Filters Filters!

Subject: Re: [OM] Filters Filters Filters!
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:20:46 +0800
I just opened up both windows, and whooosh! Papers went flying. Om1n on table... Papers are still. Yep, Om's and Zuikos are great paper weights!

;-)

It's really not my problem. It's just hearing about "their" problems, and "their solutions" to those problems either annoy me or makes me laugh. Let me give you an example..

One of them brings a japanese outdoor photography magazine to the group, opens up to a page, and shows a pic of a beautiful location, and he shows his picture taken at the exact location, and he complains how theirs turned out great, (beautiful saturated colors, smooth tones, just perfect) and his sucked. Hmm.. Let's see... He handheld, the other shot with a tripod. He uses Kodak max 400, the other was shot on Fuji Velvia.. The other guy shoved a polarizer in front of his lens... And it looks like the shot was done at 5am-6am instead of high noon.. So what's the solution to all this? He bought a green filter... He's going to go back (armed again with kodak max 400, and this time, a green filter) and damn it, he's going to make those leaves look green even if he has to fake it!!

It behooves me to tell him read the little caption on the bottom of the picture describing the lens used, the film used, the tripod used, the filter used, and what time it was shot...

you're right, not really my problem I guess...

Albert

Thomas Bryhn

PS! Zuikos make even better paper weights.