Re: [OM] Filters Filters Filters!

Subject: Re: [OM] Filters Filters Filters!
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:56:07 +0100
At 07:45 10.03.03, Albert wrote:
....I can tell you what NOT to do though that they do.. One of them has a full bank of filters; I'm talking every single shade, for all thread sizes. Like 50 filters for 2 lenses... Shoots 6 rolls a year.. The book he kept his filters in read like "War and Peace", it was thick... Rediculous.. Spent $$$$ on a Leica and uber-accessories, and not take any pictures..

In the past 3 months, I have taken more pics then the entire "Leica group" here COMBINED...
If it's a filter vs. shoot more rolls debate, go with the more rolls...
Albert

*This* is rediculous. Tell me, how will 1000 rolls of film through your camera help you get the same look you could get with one graduated green filter (or whatever...)? People have different goals and priorities, one person will spend a fortune to make *the* perfect picture, others are snapping away roll after roll. Others again are lucky enough to have talent and can make a living from making perfect pictures, roll after roll. Is one "right" and the other "wrong"?

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you should keep doing what suits *you*, and stop worrying so much about what other people do, stupid or not.

Thomas Bryhn